FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Nektar Project Forum

Fight Spam! Click Here!

Welcome back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group

Nektar Blues

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome back
    Posted: Jan/22/2012 at 13:23
Gerhard it is good to see you around here again.
MickBee View Drop Down
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2012 at 20:18

Glad you finally made it here Gerhard....

BTW, did you see this?....

..a look at the seeds, roots and evolution of the early German progressive rock scene, including
Dierks studios and just about every German band we met or played with during  the seventies.
BTW, an English overdub for the many Krautrock fans over here would be great.
hgw01 View Drop Down
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hgw01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2012 at 16:58

Hi  Mick, Wayne and all, 

yes,  I see this and  sorry about my time constraints.

I'll try to say few words at weekend.

I was (more than) a year outside forum and didnt watched what was going on.

I noticed the world was turning round and I have to read more as expected.

Before I registered here again I tried to find out something about liquid light show what I will Mick ask for (about technique and what the difficult is to keep it in sync of music).

And I have to notice its time consuming, but I have found a little bit and I'm beginning to feel where the difficulties are.

greetings from Germany

Gerhard 

MickBee View Drop Down
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2012 at 19:14
Gerhard,
On two liquid projectors, the lenses were played as if bongo drums, while others were on momentary footswitches and played like bass drum pedals (left foot).... the strobes were like a hi-hat pedal (right foot) and the guitar licks were my left hand (movement) combined with the lamp itself (left foot). What was IN all those projectors also had totally variable color filters (hands).
Carousel slide projectorss (left foot), were advanced and reversed (right foot), and my 16mm movie projector was right foot activated. All switches were further switched on my hand console to different light sources, thus they were either switched on, switched via foot momentary or completely off.. depending on the song.
 The beauty of "old school" liquids, was that they were spontaneous and immediately did whatever
I wanted whenever I wanted it (with no delays)... the down side was they were messy and required total concentration on the music to achieve perfect synchronicity...
So whenever I stopped moving, so did the lightshow... except for the "exploding bongos".
Mick.
hgw01 View Drop Down
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgw01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2012 at 20:09
Thanks Mick,

I noticed you were in action when I went out of concert room, but I was more interested to get the old place to see and hear the music when I come back.   And at concert breaks I saw you have to manage some slides and a lot of oil.
I just right now talked with Peter Becker about the problem that so liitle filmed sequences of liquid oil shows of this era at '70s exist.
But at another thread I'll ask you some more.
Perhaps next weekend I'll pick myself to go to Berlin and visit a show of Joshua White with Manuel Göttsching,  but weather forecast is saying it will be very cold at Berlin.

Gerhard
MickBee View Drop Down
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2012 at 10:45
If you DO get to Berlin, please extend greetings to Josh White, he saw my show when we first hit the west coast in 1974. He told me that he was very impressed, yet  I was still quite humbled by his presence. 
We could certainly continue this later .....on the more appropriate "Visuals & videos" thread.
Meanwhile... welcome back Gerhard.
hgw01 View Drop Down
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgw01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2012 at 17:55
Some words about me and Nektar:
my first rock concert I ever heard and saw was Nektar at age of 16 at Dec,18,1971 in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen at Hohensteinschule, a school sports hall.  I never heard about Nektar before but this event had me impressed so  much, that whenever I saw a poster telling Nektar was playing at Stuttgart area I had to go there. I saw some of great bands like YES, Pink Floyd, ELP and more but no light show had me more impressed as Mick'S. And I like Roye's guitar playing.  Of course I was at last concert before Nektar moved to US at Ludwigsburg Mar,15,1976, a very exciting performance.
As my time allows beside managing job, family and house with three kids living there (the forth is coming this weekend for four weeks)  I'll ask Mick something about liquid light and around.
Gerhard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic