FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Nektar Project Forum

Fight Spam! Click Here!

The Prophets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group

Nektar Blues

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Prophets
    Posted: Feb/28/2012 at 08:03
A blast from the past and what a find including some music clips!

http://www.garagehangover.com/?q=taxonomy/term/40/9
Wayne View Drop Down
Admin Group

Nektar Blues

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2012 at 16:34
Please disregard several inaccurate tidbits, what is truly wonderful are the two music clips on the webpage!

Hey Mister

You Missed By A Mile 
Wayne View Drop Down
Admin Group

Nektar Blues

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 09:22
So way before Nektar, before Roye before Taff and before "Prophecy there was "The Prophets" with Ron Howden, Mo Moore, Billy Talbert, and Colin Edwards And my how these gentlemen intertwined over the years across several bands. The only one(s) missing were the Murdoch brothers.

Anyone recognize this song? It is a really good song!!

Live in Athens. Scene from the Greek documentary film "I Athina Meta Ta Mesanichta", 1968.

Mochester View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 09:50
The show was from 1966 we played the Panathanaikos stadium in Athens Greece to 60,000 people.  We were huge down there.  Ron is singing and wow I had forgotten how good his voice was.  I talked to Ron yesterday and it is possible that the music playing is not the same as the film.  Billy used to use a drum stick on the guitar for painterman or can't explain (the Who)  but we both enjoyed seeing it.  I wonder if there is more from this show.....man we felt like the Beatles it was a great experience in music starved Greece

It is fun to see the Carnaby Street clothes after all these years.....don't think they would fit anymore lol

Mo
Recycled Energy...yea, I'll have some of that....
MickBee View Drop Down
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2012 at 18:30
After seeing that the visual didn't match the soundtrack... the question was raised on Progressive Ears... and although it IS definitely the Prophets doing the "Sunny" soundtrack, the visuals were taken from a different song at that concert and edited to fit.... Mo explains....
his quote... (from the "Tab" thread on PE)...

That concert was from the Panathanaikos Stadium in Athen, Greece. We were playing there for Nico Papathanasiou who is the brother of Vangelis (Chariots of Fire)who we jammed with us frequently at the Hilton. As a footnote Vangelis was born 2 days after me... There were 60,000 people there, biggest crowd I ever played for. The Greeks were music starved but VERY appreciative and we were pretty big down there

The vocals are most Definitely Ron who had a great voice and the backing is certainly us but I think the visual is from a different song, possibly Painterman or Cant explain. Bass and drums were always tight

I am not sure about keyboards, with 2 guitars we could create a lot of sounds. Billy had a Gibson 335 stereo which had some amazing sounds and yes he used the stereo.

I was pleasantly surprised to see this youtube video, I had no idea it existed. Nice to see the Gibson EB2 in all its glory, I still have that guitar.

The suits were from Carnaby Street, we bought them for this tour. They were linen and light weight for the Greek weather which is hot hot hot

Mo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic